- Reconditioning of Fire Equipment -
(SAQCC-Fire) - The South African Qualification & Certification Committee for the Fire Industry Training provider (SANS 1475)
- Identify and explain the causes of fire.
- Know the different types of extinguishers and components.
- Visual inspection, maintenance, extended maintenance, recharge procedures and pressure testing of portable and wheeled (mobile) rechargeable fire extinguishers.
- Visual inspection, maintenance, components and testing of fire-hose reels and hydrants.
- Calculations of cartridge (conversion from ounces to grams, min and max weight).
- Co2 calculations (tare weight, full mass, hard stamped information on neck).
- Legislation (SANS)1475 Part 1 & 2) applicable to fire equipment.
- General safety precautions.
- Siting and distribution.
- R4000 (excl VAT) for new Entrants (T&C Apply)
- R2500 (excl VAT) for RPL Learner (T&C Apply)
- R1500 (excl VAT) for Refresher (T&C Apply)
- Lunch will be provided to students
- Student Manual
- Use of MSTA's state of the art wokshop
- 5 Day Course
- New entrants and Experienced technicians re-entering into the fire equipment Service industry wanting to learn how to maintain, refill, refurbish and handle fire Equipment by an Accredited Academy.
- Grade 10 - Mathematical purposes
- 6 Months Employed whilst registered as a Technician assistant with the SAQCC Fire Committee